Renewing Reduced Fare Permits
All reduced fare permit cardholders with an expired permit or with a permit scheduled to expire soon, will need to re-apply. Call a RTA customer service representative at (312) 913-3110 for more information on how to renew a permit. Please be prepared to provide the ID number located at the bottom of your permit. You may also download the appropriate Senior Application or Persons with Disabilities Application, or apply in person at one of our registration sites. Find a site near you by calling (312) 913-3110.
If you are 65 years or older and not enrolled in the Illinois Department on Aging's Benefit Access program, you are eligible for a reduced fare permit.
Persons with Disabilities
All persons with a qualifying disability who are not enrolled in the Illinois Department on Aging’s Benefit Access program are eligible for reduced fare permit. To qualify, individuals must complete an application and submit proof of disability. If receiving disability payments from Social Security, a printout from Social Security dated this year with the word “disabled" is required. If not receiving disability payments from Social Security, a doctor must attach a letter of diagnosis and must also fill out the proof of disability form located within the application.
If you are a veteran with a disability, a letter from the Veteran's Administration regarding your service connected disability must be submitted with your application.
All individuals applying for a reduced fare permit may apply:
- in person. Please call 312-913-3110 to find a site near you.
- by mail. Download an application and mail it to the address listed on the application.
Persons with Disabilities Application
When applying, you will be required to provide:
- A copy of a government-issued picture identification card that verifies your age (driver's license, state of Illinois ID card, alien registration card or passport).
- A wallet-sized color photo of yourself that is approximately 2" square. Do not wear a hat, scarf or sunglasses in the photo. Some registration centers may charge up to $5 for taking your photo. Call (312) 913-3110 to find a registration site near you.
- You should receive your new reduced fare permit within 3-4 weeks.
Medicare card holders (other than disabled):
Any individual with a valid Medicare card is eligible for a reduced fare permit. To apply as a Medicare cardholder, you will need verification of Medicare status. You can obtain a printout verifying your status by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213, or by visiting a Social Security Administration Office, or by downloading a statement on the Social Security web site at www.ssa.gov.
Individuals with Medicare cards who DO NOT HAVE A DISABILITY and are under the age of 65 must bring this proof of status in addition to their cards. Applicants must also provide:
- A government-issued picture identification card that verifies your age (driver's license, state of Illinois ID card, alien registration card or passport).
- A wallet-sized color photo of yourself that is approximately 2" square. Do not wear a hat, scarf or sunglasses in the photo. Some registration centers may charge up to $5 for taking your photo. Call (312) 913-3110 to find a site near you.
- Applications are also accepted by mail or you can apply in person. Find a site near you by calling (312) 913-3110.
If your reduced fare permit is lost, stolen or damaged, you must fill out a replacement application. The fee is $5.00 for the first replacement and $10.00 for each additional replacement. It is not necessary to submit another photo. Payment can be with check or money order; cash is not accepted.
Download a replacement application, or call (312) 913-3110 to have one mailed to you.