Reduced Fare and Ride Free Programs
Effective Monday August 2, 2021, RTA walk-in services will resume at City Hall 121 North LaSalle St, Room 100 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Due to the increase in COVID-19 related cases, there will be no RTA walk-in services at Atlas Center (1767 E. 79th St., Chicago), Southwest Center (6117 S. Kedzie Ave., Chicago), and Levy Center (2019 W. Lawrence Ave., Chicago). The RTA will be closely monitoring this situation. Please check this website page for further updates.
*Please note that there will be some capacity limits at all locations so customers should be aware that they may be turned away and given one of the following options *
- Call RTA Customer Service at (312) 913-3110
- Appointment Scheduling may be offered
- Returning to site on another day
Customers who are applying for a Reduced Fare or Ride Free Permit for the first time can download a Reduced Fare and/or Ride Free application online.
Call 312-913-3110 for assistance or other questions.
RTA Travel Training Program
- The RTA is temporarily canceling all scheduled Travel Training sessions. If you are interested in Travel Training when the program resumes, or have questions about the program, please call 312-663-HELP (4357) to be placed on the Travel Training waitlist.
ADA Paratransit Certification Program
- The RTA’s South and Northwest Chicago Mobility Assessment Centers are currently closed and will not be performing interviews and assessments to determine ADA paratransit eligibility until further notice. ADA paratransit eligibility will be determined through a mail-in application process until the RTA is able to resume operations at our centers.
- New and returning customers, whose eligibility has expired or will be expiring soon, can call the Mobility Services Helpline at (312) 663-HELP (4357) and inform the customer service representative that they are either interested in applying for ADA paratransit service for the first time or are a returning customer who would like to recertify for ADA paratransit service.
- After a brief phone screening, an application will be mailed to the customer to be completed and mailed back to the RTA in a postage-paid return envelope included with the application, along with a photocopy of a valid identification card with the name and photograph of the customer (such as a driver’s license or state identification card).
- The RTA will determine ADA paratransit eligibility based on the information presented in the application but may call the customer or professionals listed in the application to request additional information if necessary.
- For more information or to ask any additional questions, please call the RTA’s Mobility Services Helpline at (312) 663-HELP (4357).