The RTA offers a wide range of challenging professional opportunities that support the Northeastern Illinois region’s public transit network. We are committed to diversity as an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Our policy is to fill vacant positions with qualified candidates without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, or any protected categories. Scroll down this page to read the RTA staff credo.
The above link will redirect you to the RTA’s Candidate Self-Service website. To view the current job postings, click All. From there, you can create an account to apply for any open position. No unsolicited resumes from candidates and recruiters — that is, that don’t respond to a specific job posting — will be accepted. Any applicant considered for a position will be contacted by the RTA Human Resources staff.
Please direct questions to HumanResources@RTAChicago.org.
In addition to a hybrid work environment and flexible work schedules, the RTA offers a competitive benefits package with:
- Paid holidays, vacation, and personal time off
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance (including telehealth services for certain plans)
- 401(k) and 457 plans
- Non-contributory pension plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Transit Benefit Program
- Gym membership
As RTA staff, we pride ourselves on diversity, equal opportunity, and camaraderie. The agency is committed to hiring and retaining staff who uphold our credo:
We believe in:
- An organizational environment of Trust, Openness and Respect.
- Teamwork as vital to accomplishing our mission.
- Integrity on an organizational and personal level.
- Service of the highest level to our customers both internal and external.
- Development of work skills for employees at all levels.
We’re committed to:
- A high-caliber and diverse work force which will enable us to take pride in our results.
- Self-expression with an openness to new ideas, willingness to listen, and honest communication with the ultimate goal of coming together in cooperation, mutual support and teamwork.
- Individual empowerment by sharing responsibility, authority, support and resources which will enable the individual to be accountable for results.
- Self-initiative to seek opportunities to grow and develop within the RTA through greater participation, education, training and coaching.
- Recognize personal creativity and innovation; and acknowledge it.
- Conduct ourselves using the highest standard of ethical behavior.